- I'm thankful that I still have my health despite what I do to my body on a daily basis.
- I'm thankful that my dad is still healthy enough to play tennis with me most Saturday mornings.
- I'm thankful that I now have the opportunity to beat his ass soundly like he used to do to me everytime.
- I'm thankful for air conditioning at home, in the truck, and at work this time of year.
- I'm thankful that I'll never have to scrape snow and ice off of my truck ever again. The trade-off between living up North or down South is in my favor. As long as the A.C. holds out.
- I'm thankful to have the restaurant blog community to provide all the drama I ever need, although I miss being in the thick of it during a well-run, busy dinner rush.
- I'm thankful that I'll never have to apologize to a table of d*ckwads for something that deserved no apology.
- I'm thankful for relaxed, languid Sundays to read the paper with a strong pot of coffee, a pack of smokes, the British Open on the TV (Go Tom!), and not having to shower if I don't feel like it.
- I'm thankful for the Sunday edition of www.postsecret.com to give me something to read after the newspaper. Which makes me feel better about my own life. Mostly.
Gotta go now. I've got some serious lounging to do.