Friday, July 3, 2009

D.I.Y. Can Be A Pain

I don't go out to eat near as much as I used to. When I lived in Michigan and was securing a heftier pay-check, I would go out to eat with friends at least once a week or so. The change from then is mostly from my growing affection for cooking from scratch at home. And, large credit card bills. Frugality and a maturing palate conspired to make me want to cook for myself.

I pulled from my memories the recipes that I wanted to clone. Toothsome and hearty Oyster Dressing from my mom's dad. Rich, decadent banana pudding from my dad's mom. Christmas cookies from my mom's grandma. Macaroni salad from my mom. All bring back memories. And all bring high expectations. I persevered and can cook side-by-side any family memory.

I might be eating as well as I did before. But, I'm missing the busser, server, dishwasher package offered at restaurants.

2 comments:

G.H. said...

Love your blog. Would you like to exchange links?

GH

http://confessions-of-a-waitress.blogspot.com/

. said...

Hey update, update. :) I do hope you're doing well. I'm moving back to Pensacola for a new job in about two weeks. Any interest in me treating you to a lunch or dinner to just chat? Hope things are going well with you. Don't forget the update. :)