Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Favorites (Change of Pace Edition)

Favorite snack: Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts (Does not raise the guilt flag for me).

Favorite singer: K. D. Lang. (Such a glorious voice that sounds as good live, if not better, than on her CDs).

Favorite guilty pleasure: I allow myself 1 pint of ice cream every two months or so (usually Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche).

Favorite "Library reading material": Car and Driver.

Favorite soft drink: Diet Pepsi.

Favorite bread: Sara Lee Honey Whole Wheat (For BLTs, though, any squishy white bread, toasted).

Favorite Soap Opera: The Young and the Restless (I remember seeing the first episodes one summer when I was a young lad of 10 or 11. My new cable provider does not have SoapNet, so I am currently going through withdrawl).

Favorite Reality Show: Duh, Project Runway.

Favorite Dream Car: Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 convertible.

Favorite Candy: M&M Peanut (I used to be able to eat a 1 pound bag in one sitting).

Favorite Movie: The Sound of Music (followed closely by Cabaret. What is it with gays and musicals?).

Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep, 'nuff said.

Favorite Writer: David Sedaris (I get him like no other, and many do not get him).

Favorite Game Show: Password (The old one, not the new one).

I know, I know, another throw-away post. But, my brain does not need any more stress right now than this. When I'm fully moved in, and Spring break is over, I will devote more time to the blog. Plus, my favorite aunt-sister is visiting next month for my birthday. And it's a monumental birthday. The big 5-ohhhh. New Orleans is calling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just turned "that age" last November. It really isn't too bad, I promise. Somehow, I feel smarter lol. Or braver. Are you really going to New Orleans? Take some photos and blog, I'd love to hear about it.

Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

L-It amazes sometimes, how people are so tolerant of my lazy blogging. But, I so appreciate that you care to tune in. Even if I take a 2-month sabbatical. I'm almost through (yeah, right) unpacking and now am putting up pictures. Last touches and all that. Now, I can have people over. And time to get back to cooking and baking, yeah!

. said...

Hey, I like the "favorites" idea. I might use that for my blog instead of the now somewhat famous "A to Z With Bloggerguy39". Hope all is going well in the new home and that the visit with your aunt-sister goes well. Keep writing and yeah share some pics of New Orleans soon!!