Sunday, July 1, 2007

Random Thoughts

It may seem, if you've read my blog, that I still seem obsessed with my old jobs managing restaurants. While I may agree to a certain extent, it's also a good way of saying good-bye to a way of life I've lived for two decades or more. Cathartic in a way, it kind of gives me closure to the old career, so that I can move on with the new. There's still many stories I want to share, so the obsession will continue.

STUPID THINGS THAT CUSTOMERS SAY AND DO, PART I:

"My friend and I don't like this Frutti de Mare feature, can we have something else?"

Me: "I suppose so, but what didn't you like about the Frutti de Mare?"

"It was too fishy."

Me: "Okay, well, what would you like instead?"

"We'll have the salmon."

No shit, I swear to God that happened to me in Long Island.

To be continued........

No comments: