Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thanks

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the well wishes. It was really just a minor procedure, but one that needed to be done, and I put it off longer than I really should have. When I get the results, I'll let you all know.

But please, if you have colon or prostate cancer in your family, get yourself to a doctor for a colonoscopy. Early detection is the best way to beat this disease, or a colostomy bag, or a casket. And the procedure was totally painless (just the prep was a little gross). My grandmother and two uncles might be alive today if they had heeded that advise.

And if you're looking for a charity to give to, one good one would be the American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/. There is so much more that we can accomplish.

Peace.

2 comments:

Mike the Waiter said...

prostate cancer will hit ALL men if they live long enough. I applaud your effort to bring attention to this subject....as uncomfortable as it must be.
mTw

justabamaguy said...

Hey there, I've been following your blog but haven't seen any updates. I do hope everything is going well for you. Speaking of updates, time to do mine soon too. Have a great week in Pensacola!!