Saturday, January 10, 2009

Virus Free? We Shall See.

My last post was a short and quick little missive. At the time, I really didn't know how f'd up my computer was. It turns out that the phrase is 'totally f'd, but not terminal'. $70 dollars of software that didn't help much, but increased my memory, was the first step. Later, not knowing what to do, I prayed to the god "Google". I entered the words uninstall Windows Antivirus 2009. You see, everytime that I picked a site on my favorites, a big, scary window would pop up saying that this site contained spyware, viruses, etc. Now I know to always hit that little 'x' up in the right hand corner and not hit the 'NO' button. Windows Antivirus 2009 is a bitch. It you hit 'NO', it installs anyway. DO NOT DO THIS!

Anyways, Google pointed me to a website called StopZilla. For $9.95, it got rid of the dreaded Windows Antivirus 2009 that the $70 software would not. And now, I can continue to write on Beentheredonethat with no interruptions.

Tune in tomorrow to see what's been happening.

3 comments:

justabamaguy said...

Hey there, sorry about the computer virus and the human virus you had recently. I'm enjoying reading your blog. Hope things are going well for you. Have a great week!!

Mike the Waiter said...

this is another example that the most expensive fix is not necessarily the best. glad you got it fixed.
peace, mTw

Anonymous said...

there's a free program that works great. malwarebytes. you can get it at malwarebytes.org