Friday, June 26, 2009

Rants and Such

When you work for a family owned business, and your immediate boss is the owner's son, it's hard to complain about the son's mistakes and short-comings.



People who drive in the left lane (the passing lane to those who are informed) at or below the speed limit should be banished from driving priviledges. They are the major cause of traffic back-ups and road rage. Major practitioners are people on cell phones and people driving Benzes with a superiority complex.



I like to listen to talk-radio while I drive. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time while driving. Unfortunately, I can't afford Sirius or XM, so I have to listen to the trash that is broadcasted here in the panhandle of Florida. That trash is WEBY 1330 out of Milton, Florida. It is Adolph's own radio station. Old, white, right-wing talk out of the 60's (think Dirty Dancing). It will be it's own post one day.



Customer service is a mis-nomer nowadays. 3 out of 4 times when I call a vendor, I'm either put on hold or am directed to voice-mail. When sent to voice-mail, the average time for reply is around 3 hours. Many times I need to get freight charges from these fine folk so that I can invoice a shipment my customer has been waiting for two weeks to receive. My boss doesn't like for the delivery guys to be standing around waiting for invoices from me.



At the grocery store, the items that are discontinued are usually my favorite. And the ones that sell out the fastest. So, it's not just me that is disappointed. My latest empty slot on the shelves? Diet Vernor's Ginger Ale. America's oldest Ginger Ale and IMHO, the best. If you can find it, it makes my favorite drink: Captain Morgan and Vernors. Tastes like Vanilla Soda. And Diet Vernor's was always the first sold out at Wally World and Winn-Dixie. They still have regular, but I need every last calorie saved that I can get ;)



I travel over a 3-mile long bridge every day to and from work. There are sections where you can see the whole span. I hate it when I see a 100-yard gap where someone in the left lane is driving slower than traffic. I know there's a traffic light at the end where we will all have to stop and catch up. But, I want to slap those people slowing down the left lane speeders like me, even though I know it will save me no time whatsoever, anyways.



People who wear socks with sandals should have their own section in Fashion-Hell.

There will be more. Oh, yes, there will be more.

2 comments:

. said...

Hey I enjoyed your comments today on human nature. I can't let ya slide though with the socks on sandals though. I guess I'm guilty as charged...so be it. I can relate to WEBY for sure..and WCOA, both far right radio in Pensacola. I've started to listen to NPR and I feel much better. Hope your work week goes well...even if it is a guy who wears socks and sandals together. I guess it could be worse, I could wear dress socks and sandals. Now that's extreme and worthy of what you mentioned. Hope your week goes well!!

Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Alright, consider your gay card on probation. No gay man would wear socks with sandals. If you have to wear socks, pair them with a nice pair of Addidas or New Balance. Socks with sandals is like wearing a bikini with boxer shorts underneath.

Love Ya!
Ex-RM