Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Things Only My Best Friends Know About Me

*I'm very picky about my clothes. And no, I'm not a "label queen". One of my favorite shirts is an $8 Wal-mart find. But, that shirt is pressed just right, the pants match and the shoes go with it in a complementary manner. I'm the person people go to and say, "This is my closet, what should I wear?" When I wore a shirt and tie, I always got complements (yes, I miss that). And I never, ever pay full price. Money doesn't buy class, labels don't constitute dapper-ness, and trendiness won't make you trendy.

*I drive by the rules. I got my license when I was 14, that was 33 years ago, and I've gotten zero tickets. I've been in 2 accidents, both in the same car, and neither my fault (also my favorite car, sob!). I don't drive like a fuddy-duddy, but if I speed, I do it when others are speeding too. And I hate tail-gaters with a passion. And people who change lanes every 100 yards. I love it when I pull up next to them at a light after 10 miles of them zig-zagging like fiends, and me staying in the same lane remaining calm. I give them the ole friendly nod and move on, reminding myself why my insurance is much lower than theirs.

*My favorite snack is apple with crunchy peanut butter. Weird maybe, but don't knock it until you've tried it.

*The one sport I excell in is tennis. It's the only sport I "lettered in" in high school. I'm more of a one-on-one type of player than a team player in sports. Golf is my #2, although it's so darn expensive, I don't play as much as I'd like. If you didn't get it in the clothes paragraph, I can be a tad cheap in some things.

*People who don't know me well think that I have it all together. (Insert spit-take here) Hahahahahahahaha! I can be a real slob. I don't make my bed. (Horrors!) Dirty clothes litter the floor around my hamper. On days off, I rarely shave or shower. It's all mostly a facade, I just hide it better than most.

*Besides the sport thing, I'm a team player to a fault. Until you talk about me in front of my peers. Then, all bets are off. I don't reciprocate, but I will not cover for you ever again (that's the Taurus in me, I guess). I will not say things about you, but if asked, I will say the truth.

*I sooooo want to get personal, but I lost my trust a long time ago. I have to know you really, really well to open up. But, when I know you well, you know everything about me.

Okay, enough opening up, I don't know you that well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love apples and peanut butter, also banana slices and peanut butter. I make my bed every morning, my clothes always go in the hamper. Knowing that doesn't even begin to mean that you or anyone else knows me. Opening up is very, very tough, isn't it? I am learning this first hand, every day these days.

Ex-Restaurant Manager said...

Just trying to bring some "human-ness" to the blog. It all can seem so inhuman sometimes, can't it?

But you didn't say, crunchy or smooth peanut butter?

Sous Gal said...

What kind of apples?

This was SO fun to read. Yes, it brings an element of human-ness. Thank you for that :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, now that IS a personal question :)

I like both--whatever is in the pantry. This week-smooth. Next week, crunchy, because you just reminded me how much I like that, too.

Anonymous said...

Crunchy peanut butter and apples is MY favorite snack, too! The apples must be granny smith, though.