Monday, October 29, 2007

Leaps of Faith

Every once in a while, when things aren't going as planned, change seems the only viable answer. Any change, any path other than the one you're stumbling down. If X doesn't work, try Z. If beating your head against a wall won't produce the results you're searching for, you stop. You reflect. You ask yourself, "Self, what do you really want to do with your life?". But what if you don't really know what you want to do? Or what you can do.

Reaching this non-conclusion only brings more uncertainty. It's akin to reaching a fork in the road with no tines. It's not a dead-end, but it's like the way out is shrouded in fog. And you've got a flat tire. And you're out of gas.

While waiting for that ray of sunshine to guide me in the right direction, I plod along the bumpy path I chose this time. I don't regret this choice, but I know there are smoother ones. I'm keeping my eyes wide open, along with my mind.

I only know that this path I'm on is temporary. Thank goodness, I can't walk this one the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. We have been having uncertain moments at parallel times. Good luck with your uncertainty. I know the next path will reveal itself in the right time, at the right moment.