Friday, May 25, 2007

MMMMoving On

All is well with the world. I start my new job on the 1st. I won't go broke waiting, well, maybe a little. Nothing I can't handle.

You know, I've spent a lot of time this past week scoping out all the restaurant blogs out there, and there's quite a few. Be it from waiters, waitresses, back of the house, whatever...no person is happy. And believe me, I scoured the nets. Not a single person is happy with their lot in life. And I know why. No matter what we tell ourselves, that one bitch will ruin our night. If we had 100 guests, and 99 left happy, that one will poison the entire day. Everyone deserves to have a whole day, nay, a week or more, of work that we think benefits everyone. There's that little voice in the back of our heads that says, "Well, you made 1000 people happy, but there was that one table that left saying they'd never come back." You could work in that industry for 100 years, and you'd never go a whole week pleasing everyone. That sounds pretty self-defeating to me. I wish I'd gotten out of it a whole lot earlier. What a weight that is lifted from my shoulders. True, every job has it's pitfalls, but the restaurant industry is the WORST.

Now, I can go enjoy my week-ends, holidays, and evenings like a "normal" person. It may take some getting used to being a regular person with a life.

Oh, and the champagne was mahvelous! With a little Chambord, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wtg! :) I hope you enjoy your new life.