Wednesday, May 23, 2007

O.K. Here Goes

So, there's a picture now. Not a new picture. About 15 pounds heavier than I am now. And I'm smiling, even though I'm feeling sickly. A week later the doctor said I had Cryptosporidia, a rare bug. Funny story now (at the time not so funny). I was terribly nauseous, which made riding the Trip to Mars ride not so much fun (two weeks later a 10-year old boy died on the ride), it's that stomach churning. Anyways, after seeing the doctor and leaving a stool sample (a good 2 paragraphs there), I receive a letter in the mail on Friday from the Florida Department of Health telling me to call about a serious matter. Being as though I got my mail around mid-night, and the Department of Health has week-ends off, I was on pins and needles until I could call first thing Monday morning. Although I've always been the safest of safe regarding everything sexual, I started to question myself. The lady on the phone asked me a million questions, going through a list of dozens of items I've been in contact with over the last month. They never called me back. The next week, there was an article in the paper about the crypto outbreak in Florida and they linked it to fresh basil. Hell, I was a manager at an Italian restaurant at the time, so that makes sense. So why not call and inform those people who you've questioned? That's how I got those extra grey hairs in my goattee, I guess.

UPDATE: Picture gone, sorry, I chickened out again. Maybe, if I had a good pic, I'd show it.

No comments: